Saturday

Pirate Island Pizza - St. George, Utah

Pirate Island Is Now Closed 

They posted this message on their facebook page June 15th, 2011

Hey Pirate Island St. George Fans! We thank you all for your AMAZING support! We are so sad to have to close our doors! We sure love all you fans! THANK YOU!!!!!!



We went to Pirate Island Pizza a few times. Pirate Island is located in the Sunset Corner on Sunset and Bluff. Its kinda weird to get too. But if you know where the Stadium 8 is and the Egg and I. The Pirate Island is at the far round about with the tallest clock tower. If you look for that, you will find it there.

At first I thought this was going to be something like a Chucky Cheese. If you haven't been to one. It is a place where they have huge arcades, animated shows and all kinds of things. But Pirates Island isn't like that. Personally I like that though. There is something for everyone and the service is good.

My husband ordered the 14 inch pizza and shared it with my brother in law. It was plenty for both of them. I ordered the build your own pasta with mushrooms and artichoke hearts and Alfredo sauce. It was very good and there was plenty of food. They did offer bread sticks with the order. But I wasn't fond of them, so I passed them on to my husband and he didn't like it either. For the three of us, we spent about $30.00. The food has a Caribbean feel to it. It was nice to have something different. They offer Coke products, Dr Pepper and Ice Tea. Each table comes with home made potato chips. They are pretty good. I do wonder about all the calories in them though, lol


The decor is really cool. You get the feel that you are in a ship. It has water falls and skeletons, pirates and all kinds of interesting twists and turns. You are greeted with pirates and parrots as you enter the restaurant. Pretty Kewl as my grandsons would say :)

I took my grandsons here for my youngest grandsons birthday. They loved it and had a great time in the arcade and play area. I was expecting the arcade to be much bigger. But I guess that's OK. I must warn you though. It is a bit dark in there. and where we had the party at, it was hard to read the menu. So if you have a hard time seeing, you might want to eat downstairs or wait for a place. A plus is that if you are having a party, you can bring your own cake and balloons. They don't offer them there. But you can order yours at Lin's Marketplace at 1930 W Sunset and there is a Grandma Toblers in the same shopping area. But I only paid 20.99 for the cake with cool pirate themes. My grandson loved it. I'm not sure what Grandma Toblers charges though. Saturdays are also pretty busy. But overall it was good and we would go back there.

For all of you who like to save, you can find coupons from anything from free tokens,buy one get one free, 50% off lunch in the The Phone Book- St. George Area. I am sure all have gotten your new one. They have left them at the door steps already. But the coupons are in the back of the book.

Sandie's Rating System:

Product Quality- Very Good
Price- Very Reasonable
Location- Sunset Corner on Sunset and Bluff
Service- Very Good Service
Speed - Good
Cleanliness- Excellent
Atmosphere- Excellent and Different

Final Thought- This is a fun place to check out. You can go with your kids or without. They have something for everyone.

P.S. The gift shop is kinda lame. And the exit makes you go right through the gift show which is bad if you want to get out of there without junk souvenirs for your kids/grand kids
Next Review- Rise and Dine

8 comments:

  1. It is very dark in there and hard to read the menus or even see things. I thought the place was kinda cool and could have done a bit better in the kids area with more games instead of the cheesy gift shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, you are right. I thought there was going to be more to the kid area too. I mean its OK, at least there is something. But with all the hype. I would have thought it would have been bigger. :)

    We took an older couple with us and they couldn't read what they were ordering. Maybe if they offered book lights or something to help read it. Downstairs we had no problem. But in the darker areas, it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live 2.5 hours away and our boy insists we go back for his birthday. So we'll be there this week. The kids loved it, partly because we actually gave them each a few dollars to spend in the game room, but also just for its mystique. We happen to have a couple of small flashlights so we could see the menu with them. We were definately amazed that the price didn't break us and allowed us to give the kids some money to play in the game room.
    Thanks for the coupon tip. We'll try again this year if they've got 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we went to pirate island and it was the most revolting thing ever. Way to much grease. Honestly we soaked up about 5 napkins for each slice. Were teens and we couldn't even finish one piece it was so gross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what is happening with some of the restuarants in the area... But I have to agree with Anonymous on the last time I was there... They changed the menu and the food was horrible... I asked to talk to the manager to see if there was a change in management or what and the girl I asked seemed like she was put out by my request. I won't be going back there... It's a fun place for kids, but mostly they offer subs and pizzas and not very good at that anymore... I wonder if they are trying to cut corners or ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had the most awful experience there tonight. Our waiter was extremely rude. He brought the wrong food for me and seemed put-out that I wouldn't take it anyway. Then he said, "Well I don't know when it will be before your is ready." He came back twice after that and said it again, but not in a nice way. Then when I got my food my bread stick was burnt and there was no kidding a good inch of grease in the bottom of my pasta dish. It was gross. They were out of root beer and out of crayons. A lot of the games were out-of-order and you payed a lot for a little. We put 8 tokens in a machine and got 4 tickets. I would not go back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They have a coupon in the Dixie Direct for 2011... I think that is the one coupon I will not be cashing in... Pirate Island use to be real good for the first few months or so. However it has gone down so far down hill that I wouldn't recommend it to my friends, even with a coupon... The service and food is horrible now... I don't think they are in the business to attract customers anymore. I went there a few months ago and had a similar experience as Anonymous has stated in the post prior to this... I was going to do a redo of the review, but I think with all the comments on here, you all have stated what I would have put in it anyhow... Thanks for the comments and it's nice to hear what others have to say, good or bad...

    ReplyDelete